Episode 2: Winning as a Woman of Color
Have you ever had a moment of doubt… or even just a slight pause… questioning if you’ll ever actually be able to create your own path to success?
If so, this episode is a must-listen for you!
Today, my friend Julie Spencer Washington joins us to chat about work, and her mission to always pursue purpose with a plan.
Julie is SVP, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer at Trinity Health. She’s also a loving wife, mother, and friend, who I can personally attest, always pays it forward and brings others alongside her.
- 2:30: Meet Julie & learn about her background.
- 4:08: Navigating the ebbs & flow of careers & life as a black woman.
- 8:32: The importance of carrying yourself with confidence.
- 12:40: What every woman of color needs to hear right now.
- 16:50: Julie’s secret sauce to her brand.
- 19:22: Networking, community, and supporting relationships across your life.
One of my favorite things about this episode is that it truly reinforces the importance of networking, accountability partners, and friends in your life who are there to support you, and challenge you. That is the heart and purpose behind the creation of the She-Suite Community, and I hope that this episode today encourages you to continue to grow and establish your tribe.
Reach out to someone today who you haven’t supported in recently. Bring your coworker alongside with you the next time that they need help.
Let’s wrap up with a direct quote from the episode: