Episode 1, Season 3 | Creating Your Own Rx For Well-being | Dana Rixter
We’re back! Season 3 of The She-Suite Podcast has officially kicked off, and we are so excited for what this season has to offer.
Our first guest of the year is Dana Rixter, Director of DEI Culture and Retention at BAE Systems, Inc. She joins Melissa to share how she has personally gone about creating her own prescription for well-being across her life, and the specific steps and actions that you can follow to create your own.
- 3:45: More about Dana, her background, and her values
- 8:40: Dana’s sources of strength: her prescription for well-being
- 14:22: Examples of practicing presence day-to-day
- 19:12: The power of movement every day
- 25:50: Ways to help power your brain down at the end of the day
- 30:45: How to give yourself grace as a female leader
- 34:35: The importance and benefits of getting outside more
- 36:05: How Dana shares her Rx for well-being inside and outside of her organization
- 39:15: Dana’s recent personal reset and quick getaway
- 44:00: How you can connect with Dana Rixter
More about Dana Rixter
Dana Rixter is a thoughtful, strategic and compassionate leader who consistently leads with both head and heart. Uniquely adept at building trust and bridges across difference, Dana is well-known for successfully designing, leading and implementing large-scale diversity, equity, inclusion and culture change efforts.
Recently named a ‘Top 100 DEI Leader’ (Mogul, 2022), Dana currently serves as the Director of DEI Culture and Retention at BAE Systems, Inc. Curious, compassionate, and deeply committed to anti-racism and uplifting others, Dana co-created and led CARE (Colleagues Advancing Racial Equity) — a multi-dimensional, award-winning effort to drive racial equity and systemic change across an organization of over 30,000 employees.
A frequently sought-after speaker, Dana holds a Bachelor of Science in Communications from Boston University, a Global Leadership Professional designation from the University of Virginia’s Darden School of Business and serves on multiple advisory boards. Dana lives in Fairfax, VA with her husband and two exceptional (and exhausting) young sons.
Want new episodes, free tips and tools and more delivered straight to your inbox? Sign-up below!