Moving From Where You Are, To Where You Want To Be (Guest Tunde Oyeneyin)
Episode 6 is live… and we are so thrilled to have Tunde Oyeneyin – Motivational speaker, Peloton instructor, Founder of S.P.E.A.K. and newly minted author, join us as a guest on The She-Suite Podcast!
Tunde sits down with Melissa to share her life story, ways that she found strength, and how she went about moving out of times of hardship… into triumph. Tunde’s brand new book, Speak, is out now. Don’t miss this episode; Tunde’s authenticity and energy are sure to inspire you!
- 5:01: More about Tunde’s brand new book, Speak.
- 6:42: Tunde’s personal journey that got her from where she was… to where she is now.
- 8:35: What led Tunde to her moment of finally writing her new book.
- 12:40: What the concept of ‘S.P.E.A.K’ means to Tunde, and how that came about.
- 18:20: On surrendering, and making space.
- 20:12: Tunde’s ultimate hope for her new book.
- 23:25: More details about Tunde’s book tour and meet and greet opportunities!
- 26:00: Thoughts on leading as a Black Women in the fitness space.
- 27:50: Tunde’s theme song and hype song!
More about Tunde Oyeneyin
Motivational speaker, Peloton instructor, Founder of S.P.E.A.K. and newly minted author, Tunde Oyeneyin, has quickly become a household name over the last couple of years, developing a global audience who have been moved by her mission to inspire and believe that anything is possible. In May of 2022, Tunde officially released her debut memoir-manifesto-guide to life Speak: Find Your Voice, Trust Your Gut, and Get From Where You Are to Where You Want To Be (Avid Press/Simon & Schuster), an empowering look into how she transformed grief, setbacks, and flaws into growth, self-confidence and triumph.
Over the past two years, Tunde rose to fame on Peloton’s platform as her dedicated fan base would clip into their bikes and listen to words of encouragement and “Tunde-isms,” while pushing themselves to their limits both on and off the bike. From addressing human rights and racial injustice, to advocating the importance of “Soul Care,” Tunde’s rides quickly became among the most sought-after classes. In the wake of George Floyd’s murder, Tunde helmed the “Speak Up Ride” in June 2020 to promote change and remind people of their power and freedom to find their voices and speak up. Over 20,000 riders tuned in live, the equivalent of filling Madison Square Garden in New York City.