Episode 6 | Leading Through Motherhood
We’re back! This week, my guest Iliette Frontera joins me from sunny Puerto Rico. Iliette is the Vice President of Operations for the Boston Scientific (BSC) Dorado manufacturing site, which oversees over 1,100 employees in the manufacturing of Rhythm Management and Neuromodulation devices.
Listen in as Iliette shares her career journey across various functional teams with BSC. She covers her many lessons learned, from realizing the importance of confiding in those close to her, to branching out and stepping into new roles to help her become a stronger, more rounded leader. She also digs into how throughout it all, she balances her role as a mother of two young daughters, as well as a wife.
- 3:25: The beginning of Iliette’s journey and her time with BSC
- 8:05: How Iliette decided to make a bold career move while balancing her young family
- 12:15: Lessons learned from her journey so far
- 14:20: Striking balance between your career and family
- 16:00: How Iliette has dealt with “mom guilt”
- 19:40: Her personal brand essentials
- 23:50: Advice for women who are aspiring to get to that next level
- 26:45: Iliette’s secret sauce for success
Iliette Frontera has over 20 years of experience; the majority of her experience is within the Medical Device industry. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering from the University of Puerto Rico and an MBA from the Interamerican University of Puerto Rico.
Iliette has been actively engaged in the industry through the Puerto Rico Manufacturing Association and their Women’s Network chapter as well as the Puerto Rico Medical Device Cluster which she is now the President. Iliette was recognized as Caribbean Business “40 under 40”.
On the personal side, Iliette loves to spend time with husband Omar, her two girls Paola and Andrea, and the rest of her extended family. She loves to travel and spend time at the beach.
Want new episodes, free tips and tools and more delivered straight to your inbox? Sign-up below!