Episode 8 | Growing Your Side Hustle
The side hustle. Maybe you have one, or maybe it’s something you’ve always dreamed about. Yet everyone has that hobby or passion that they would love to give more time to, or even grow into something bigger. Where so many of us often get stuck is the ‘how.’
Which is exactly what our guest Kate Dreyer, joins us talks through today in episode 8. After her second child was born, she picked up a new hobby and blog with the intention of building a creative outlet for herself. What it grew into was a legitamate, flourishing business.
How did she do it? Listen in.
- 3:30: Meet Kate and learn about her background.
- 8:01: How Kate’s side hustle came to be.
- 11:55: A day in the life of Kate.
- 14:25: How she moved her side hustle from a passion to a business.
- 18:50: Advice for women who are thinking about putting personal aspirations to the side.
- 23:00: Advice around how to build awareness for your side hustle.
- 28:20: How Kate finds the time for self-care.
- 32:20: Kate’s ‘secret sauce’ and how she defines her personal brand.
- 35:25: Tips on balancing your full-time job with your side hustle.
Kate Dreyer is a public relations professional by day, and an interior decorator and content creator by night. She has two degrees in communications, has worked for Fortune 10 companies… and built a creative side hustle after the birth of her second child.
Since starting her side gig, Kate Decorates, her decorating work has been featured in the press more than 30 times, with appearances in The Cottage Journal, on HGTV.com and on Washington, DC area news programs.
Want new episodes, free tips and tools and more delivered straight to your inbox? Sign-up below!