Episode 9: Defining Your Social Legacy & Living With Authentic Purpose
Welcome back! This week, my guest Emily Chang joins me from across the world in Shanghai, China. Emily is the CEO of McCann Worldgroup, China, and has quite the story to share in regards to her personal journey, and how she has shaped her own personal brand and identity.
Listen in to learn more about building social legacies, dancing to life’s rhythm, personal brand management, and so much more…
– 4:50: How Emily first started in Brand Management
– 8:10: How Emily’s life journey has shaped who she is now as a leader
– 9:40: More about Emily’s Social Legacy Project & road to writing her book The Spare Room.
– 13:28: A synopsis of The Spare Room and Emily’s hope for it.
– 19:35: A typical day in the life for Emily.
– 24:30: Ways you can protect your time and balance your life.
– 25:50: Specific ways that women can better advocate for themselves.
– 29:40: Emily’s advice to her younger self.
– 35:45: Career & leadership tips to build on opportunities.
Prior to accepting her CEO role, she took a year off to write a book called The Spare Room, the topic of her first TEDx Talk. The newly published book The Spare Room provides inspiring yet practical guidance on how to live a richly purposeful life by defining your Social Legacy, which you can learn more about here.
Emily sits on the board of SOS Children’s Villages and has spoken at select conferences and events, including Fortune Most Powerful Women’s Summit in Hong Kong, C2 in Montreal, and HATCH.
Want new episodes, free tips and tools, and more delivered straight to your inbox? Sign-up below!